Masters student at Kansas State University
- Name: Hannah Stowe
- Website: taniakimecology.com
- City: Manhattan KS, USA
- Email: email@example.com
Research Interests: - Insect Behavior - Bacterial Symbiosis - Ecology - Conservation -
Publications Stowe H.E. Michaud, J.P., Kim, T, The Benefits of Omnivory for Reproduction and Life History of a Specialized Aphid Predator, Hippodamia convergens (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae). Environmental Entomology 2020
Expected Graduation MS in Entomology
"Bugs are not going to inherit the earth. They own it now" -Eisner
study ecological stability and recovery in disturbed environments, especially agriculture. Explore the ecology of agriculturally significant insects through gut bacterial symbiosis and its effects on insect predatory behavior
Master of Science in Entomology
2019 - 2021
Kansas State University
Co-advised by Dr. Tania Kim and Dr. JP Michaud
Bachelor of Science in Biology
2012 - 2016
University of Missouri - Saint Louis
Pierre Laclede Honors College Certificate
Graduate Reseach Assistant
2019 - Present
Kansas State University Department of Entomology
- Research on how the diet of predatory generalists alters behavior, development and reproduction.
- Planned, organized, and conducted lab experiments with live insects to explore questions about diet composition, succession, ordering, and gap tolerance.
- Built, customized and programed 16 individual flight mills for automatic data collection.
2018 - 2019
Kansas State University Agricultural Research Center - Hays, KS
- Stocked, maintained, and managed Entomology Lab under Dr. J.P. Michaud. Managed plant growth and provisioning in automated Greenhouse.
- Worked with International scientists to complete varied research projects.
- Collected and entered data, assisted with field work including sampling, monitoring, and collecting insect specimens.
- Developed data collection system using barcode scanner and excel programming.
Get to Know Me
I like working with my hands and spending time outdoors surrounded by insects. I hope to use my interests to further conservation ecological understanding. I enjoy reading, drawing, photography and exploring new places and experiences through travel.
"You can watch a bug crawling around for minutes at a time--just sit and marvel at its complexity, the utter bugness of it." - Bob Weir